Child and Family
The child and family program provides information about pregnancy, childbirth and care for a newborn. It aims to support parents and accompany them in the development (motor, emotional, cognitive and linguistic) of their child.
- Support by a health care professional from the 12th week of pregnancy until the child starts kindergarten.
- Follow-up tailored to needs
- Resource personnel (nurses, nutritionists, social workers, specialized educators, and community organizations) who can be consulted as needed
- Support in various initiatives (return to school, job search, etc.)
- Shared meetings with other parents
- Young pregnant woman or mothers under the age of 20 and their boyfriend.
- A pregnant woman or mother over the age of 20, who has not completed grade 5 and living with low income and her spouse.
- Newly immigrated pregnant woman in Quebec and her spouse.
TO GET SERVICES
This support program is available free of charge in all CLSC in the region.
This traduction is made possible through the contribution from the English Community Organization – Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean (ECO-02).